Are you looking for a meaningful domain name for your eCommerce website? Because you are in the right place if you are. It’s safe to conclude that choosing a domain name for your eCommerce website is one of the most important decisions you’ll make for your business.
Your domain name doubles up as the first touchpoint your users will experience as part of your brand. Not just that, your domain name is associative of who you are as a business and what you do.
Having said that, to pick the perfect domain name for your eCommerce website, you need to make sure that the domain name of your choice is available for purchase, and that is an exact match or nearly identical to the name of your brand.
However, the hunt for meaningful names of your choice is usually met with a heartbreaking message ‘Sorry! That name is already taken!’. This is especially true for searching for names on traditional domain extensions.
Fortunately, cyberspace has recently been graced with a multitude of smart domain extensions that cater to specific industries and communities.
The .store domain extension has come out on top as a favorite among eCommerce startups, seasoned businesses, retail brands, Esty stores, Amazon sellers, and several other newbie online businesses.
Search your .store domain NOW!
What Is A Domain Extension?
A domain extension or top-level domain (TLD) is the notation at the end of a web address that indicative of an Internet category or a country code. Domain extensions are the suffixes that form the last part of a web address (URL).
Domain extensions are the letters or words that come to the right of the dot of any domain name. Legacy or traditional domains such as .com, .net, and .biz are examples of the most common top-level domains.
What Is A New Domain Extension?
New top-level domains (nTLDs) or new domain extensions are the same as generic domain extensions. The only difference is that these are meaningful words that represent a particular community or profession.
What Is A .store Domain?
The .store domain is a new generic top-level domain (nGTLD) that is specifically crafted to denote an online store of an eCommerce business or retail brand that sells online.
Why Should You Pick a .store Domain?
The word store has always been associated with the place where a business sells products or a place where the act of selling occurs.
Now, however, the word store resonates with fashion brands and eCommerce retail startups that are selling online.
Therefore, acquiring a name on a .store domain clearly communicates what your business does.
1. Availability: Since .store is a relatively new domain extension, the chances of finding the name of your choice is much higher on a .store
2. Relevance: With a .store domain you don’t need to add a suffix to your name since the word ‘store’ defines what you do and that you are in the business to sell.
3. Memorable: Relevance and availability mean that you can pick a trendy one-word name for your online store that is not only memorable but also brandable.
Search your .store domain NOW!
What Are Some Of The Coolest Startup Names On .store?
Startup names on .store are nifty and supremely easy to understand. This means you can pick a simple name that is short and one that has incredible brand building potential.
50 Online Store Names To Inspire You
Where Can You Buy A .store Domain Name for my Online Store?
Visit any leading registrar’s website and search for your desired name on a .store domain. Once you find the name of your choice, you can purchase it from there.
Here’s a list of top registrars who also sell a.store domain:
What To Do If The Domain Name of Your Choice Is Taken?
Given the fact that traditional domain names such as .com, net, and .biz have been around for decades and that the internet is crammed with over a billion websites, there is a very good possibility that the name of your choice won’t be available.
This makes domain availability a major issue and as all short, meaningful, and memorable names are most likely taken. Here are 4 effective ways in which you can overcome domain availability issues:
- Look for names on new domain extensions
- Make a creative adjustment
- Buy the name of your choice
- Proclaim what’s rightfully yours
What Makes For A Great Online Store Domain Name?
Before you begin searching for the perfect domain name for your eCommerce website, it’s essential for you to understand the qualities that make for a great brand name or a great startup name.
A great domain name is:
- A domain name that is short, easy to type, and easy to remember
- A domain name that is definitive, relevant, and meaningful
- A domain name that is unique, innovative, and memorable
- A domain name that is clean, crisp, and uncluttered (free of any lingual or grammatical errors)
- A domain name that is descriptive of what you sell and the industry you belong to
Search your .store domain NOW!
What Best Practices To Follow For Choosing the Perfect Domain Name For Your eCommerce Website?
Building an eCommerce business and transforming it into a promising online brand is no easy feat. However, marketing experts suggest that owning a smart and memorable web address is a valuable branding asset.
Here are 5 actionable tips to find the perfect domain name for your business
- Pick a name that is short, snappy, and easy to understand
- Pick a name that is easy to spell so it passes the radio test
- Pick a name that is unique and innovative
- Pick a name that is SEO proficient
- Pick a name that is free from copyright issues
- Pick a name that is contextual and meaningful
What Should You Avoid When Picking A Domain Name?
Finding the perfect domain name for your eCommerce website can get challenging. And while there are several best practices you can follow, there are a few things you should avoid when picking a name for your eCommerce business.
Here’s what you should avoid doing:
1. Avoid using long names
Not only are long names hard to remember, but they bring in a sense of inconsistency and lack credibility. Long and complicated names don’t do much to build confidence in the minds of your target audience and they won’t do well to build brand loyalty.
2. Avoid including unwanted characters
Pick a name that is devoid of any unnecessary characters that will clutter your brand name. Eliminate all confusion by picking a clean domain name.
- Avoid clubbing numbers with words (www.100shoes.store)
- Avoid using hyphens (www.smart-shirts.store)
- Avoid using abbreviations (clothes4sale.store)
- Avoid using unusual spellings (thejeanzz.store)
3. Avoid using a name that sounds like someone else’s name
The last thing you want is an identity crisis of sorts and have your brand get confused with another business or another brand. Not just that, doing this will also have severe legal ramifications.
How Do I Name My eCommerce Website?
Here are some useful strategies on how to name your eCommerce website:
With new domain extensions on the rise, finding the perfect domain name for your eCommerce website is no longer a major issue. So, if you have a creative brand name in mind, don’t discard it simply because you couldn’t find an exact match domain for it.
Hunt for your desired name choice on .store and find the perfect domain name for your eCommerce website!