One of the most effective ways to engage with your audience, retain existing customers, and potentially solve cart abandonment is to invest in efficient email marketing and automation tools.
Yes, you heard that right. Email marketing is still a very promising marketing avenue for eCommerce businesses to benefit from.
We spoke with Yaanis Psarars, CEO and Head of Technology at Moosend, an email marketing and automation platform, to understand how eCommerce businesses can harness the power of email marketing.
1. What is Moosend? Tell us all about it.
Moosend is an email marketing and automation platform which harnesses AI to offer personalized recommendations, streamline customer experiences and fine-tune day-to-day tasks.
While email marketing is a saturated market plagued with severe competition, I noticed that there was a gap for a true hybrid between email marketing, marketing automation and AI-driven personalized recommendations for SMBs.
This is not to say that we can’t cater to the needs of major companies. I mean we work with the likes of Vogue, Career Builder, and Wind.
2. What are some of the biggest challenges of email marketing and automation for small and medium businesses?
There are reasons that email marketing continues to thrive after all these years but that doesn’t mean that businesses won’t face challenges with their email campaigns.
In fact, we live in an age where a user’s inbox is usually cluttered with unnecessary information.
This, combined with the user’s short attention span, makes email marketing a difficult task.
Therefore, I would say that a big challenge would be standing out from the “crowd”.
And this can only be achieved through AI-driven personalized emails and recommendations that cater to specific individuals, not to random groups of people.
But SMBs don’t have access to funds, developers or even data that will unlock those features for them.
This was essentially what I wanted Moosend’s platform to be able to do and this is the reason it has been thriving since its inception.
Additionally, marketers, today are looking for ways to automate some recurring tasks in order to save time. email marketing companies know that, and our platform offers solutions to these problems.
Eshan Pancholi Thinking about selling online but aren’t sure where to begin? Don’t fret. In this post, we cover everything you need to know about starting an online store. Now, you may contemplate simply selling on Amazon or eBay to save yourself the hassle of creating an eCommerce website and the anxiety that comes along with running a business.
3. What are some of the businesses goals that email marketing and automation can accomplish for enterprises in the retail industry?
Email marketing can be used for a variety of reasons, especially in the retail industry.
Of course, the main goal of a business that is using email marketing is to advertise its products or services.
However, advertising a brand via email can be achieved in a million different creative ways and each one of them aims to serve different marketing goals.
What is really interesting about email marketing is that it can provide us with metrics and the ability to test different tactics which will help in the long term to drive more revenue and sales.
By gathering and analyzing correct data, email marketing and automation tools can craft a perfect email that is just right, for any given occasion, whether it is cart abandonment or a cross-selling attempt.
Furthermore, email marketing is a great way for a brand to communicate with its audience because it is very direct and can be personalized.
This eliminates barriers and strengthens the relationship between a company and its market.
Considering that we live in the consumer-centric marketing era, email is the go-to medium for brands that want to invest in a relationship with their customers.
Search your .store domain NOW!
4. What are your top 3 tips when it comes to creating a successful email marketing campaign?
While this question’s answers may vary depending on the industry, I have to admit that there are a couple of rules that should be applied every time.
- Invest in a communication strategy with a specific goal. You have no chance of communicating your message effectively if you don’t know what you want to say. Theoretically, this is obvious but when it comes to designing your email strategy, things can get complicated and you may forget your initial goal.
- Invest in A/B testing. People all over the internet are talking about A/B testing your campaigns before sending them, yet there are marketers that just hit the ‘send’ button without a second thought. It’s important to remember that your perception of your product and your emails differ from that of your subscribers. Therefore, the best way to find out what works best for your audience is to test different content and subject lines.
- Invest in a mobile responsiveness design. Since most people access their emails on a mobile device, you should optimize your email to open on a mobile device. If your email design is not mobile-friendly, then you won’t get the click-through rates you are expecting. My advice is to create single column newsletter designs as they are easier and safer to make responsive.
5. What is the significance of email marketing and automation for eCommerce businesses?
There are a lot of things that traditional marketing just can’t do, especially when it comes to an eCommerce business.
For example, email marketing can increase the average order value per customer with upselling and cross-selling techniques.
While these techniques can be practiced on-site, they can’t be personalized – at least not as much as with email marketing.
To best capture your target market, here are some strategies that will help you find the best products for your niche to sell online!
Email marketing is broadly used to retarget customers through an automated and personalized message.
This is a proven way to increase the average order value (AOV).
Email marketing is also necessary when it comes to customer retention. Website reengagement automation is an excellent way for sales to grow, as it is more cost-effective to re-engage an existing customer than to acquire a new one.
A high cart abandonment rate is a serious problem and email marketing is probably the most efficient solution to that problem.
What are your future plans for Moosend?
We are currently working on a lot of new automation features for our platform.
We are committed to evolving, bettering our services and keeping our customers happy and interested.
Our ultimate goal is to become the go-to email marketing and automation platform in Europe and the US and moving closer to that goal every day.
We’re growing at a very fast pace, and this is since people value what Moosend has to offer.
This means that we’ll have to keep pushing towards that direction until the market needs something else.
Search your .store domain NOW!